CH 7 Vocabulary & Concepts
aquatic life zone
freshwater life zones
1. Summarize the distribution of light, salt, and temperature in different aquatic life zones.
2. Evaluate the significance of the ecological contributions of the oceans.
3. Briefly describe the characteristics and ecological significance of coral reefs. Describe environmental and economic problems of coral reefs.
4. Distinguish between coastal and inland wetlands. Describe the ecological functions performed by wetlands. Describe environmental problems associated with coastal and inland wetlands.
5. List and compare the four zones of a lake. Distinguish between oligotrophic and eutrophic lakes. Describe stratification and a turnover in a lake.
6. Define watershed. List and distinguish the three zones of a river system.