Test Day / Portfolio Day
Biology 1A October 5 & 6
Thursday and Friday of this week, October 5 & 6, students will be tested on:
- Reading sections 2.1-2.4 from the Biology text.
- Notes taken on:
- Chemistry and how atoms combine to form molecules (8 is great or 2 will do)
- Organic (Carbon) compounds
- Nucleic acids
- Monomers, polymers and dimers
- Labs done (may use on the test)
- How does molecule size affect solubility?
- Testing for presence of monosaccharides, starch, proteins & lipids
- How does temperature affect enzyme activity
Students will need to had the following in to put in their portfolio folder in the file cabinet. The assignments need to be in this order form top to bottom (front to back):
- Easynotes for sections 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, & 2.4
- Notes on organic compounds taken in class on carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids, and the monomer, dimer, polymer table.
- "12 extension: Chemical Basis of Genetics" rna to insulin coding sheet (has codon/rna table for amino acids) with at least 20 bubbles done correctly
- How does molecule size affect solubility? Lab
- Testing for Organic Compounds lab
- How does temperature affect enzyme activity levels?
- Students teaching parents worksheet and ziplock bag of paper molecules