Pitts' Biology Class News for November 1, 2004
Students can make a huge difference in their grades this week in my class! You might ask, "How?"
Students can make a change in their grades by:
- We are taking our district's 1st Quarter Biology Exam on Thursday (periods 1 & 5) and Friday (periods 4 & 6) of this week . If students score higher on their district exam than their current grade, they will be given the higher of the two. WHAT A DEAL! We will be reviewing on Tuesday and Wednesday during class, but if any student needs more help, I will have a study session on Wed. & Thurs. evening at 7:00-8:30 in room D102. Parents are welcome. Please indicate below if you are planning to come so I can get a larger room if needed.
- Buying back poor homework grades. My classroom needs the following items in order of priority:
- reams of white paper (only 2 reams of copy paper are left)
- color markers for projects
- mice (with balls) for the computers in the room
- tennis balls for the bottoms of chairs
- mice for class python (one just showed up this morning, but he could consume several more this week) are ~$1 at pet stores.
- Turning in late homework and assignments for 60% credit.
- Retaking vocabulary quizzes that have low scores.
As a parent or guardian I have read the above news:___________________________________________________(signature)
I and my student will be attending the study session on Wednesday (for periods 1 & 5) ___YES(both) ___YES(student only) ___NO
I and my student will be attending the study session on Thursday (for periods 2 & 4) ___YES(both) ___YES(student only) ___NO