HUMAN GENETIC PATTERNS OF INHERITANCE
1) Distinguish between sex chromosomes and autosomes.
2) Explain the role of sex chromosomes in sex determination.
3) Describe how an X-or-Y linked gene affects the inheritance of traits.
4) Analyze pedigrees to determine how genetic traits and genetic disorders are inherited.
Dominant & Recessive Impossibility:
Sex-Linked (X-linked) Impossibilities:
5) Summarize the different patterns of inheritance seen in genetic traits and genetic disorders (dominant & recessive, intermediate, polygenic, codominant, sex-linked, sex-influenced).
6) Explain the inheritance of ABO blood groups (codominant inheritance).
7) Compare and contrast sex-linked traits with sex influenced traits
8) Use Hardy-Weinberg Equations to predict the percent of the population with homozygous dominant and heterozygous genotypes if given the frequency of the homozygous recessive genotype.